Hi Friends! My name is Kyla but feel free to call me Ky. Like most mommies, I’m just trying to do it all. When I originally thought I would create a blog, I thought I would talk about my silly experiences with my babies. Since I have two under two, I thought I would write about travelling, food and working out with my little ones. My focus was going to be how I balance the things I want to do with my kids vs. the things I have to do while working a full-time job and being a stay at home mommy – all without losing myself completely.
But then my son, Tristan, was diagnosed with an immunodeficiency that has affected our lives tremendously and it has affected how we live it. Since his diagnosis in April, getting him cured has been the focus. He has chronic granulomatous disease, which I talk about in my first post. When learning about the disease, I realized it is really hard to connect with anyone here in the U.S. that is experiencing or has experienced the same disease. The most popular site I came across is based in the UK so connecting with other parents is just hard. A support system is lacking. So, I thought, I want to connect. I really want to reach out to other families and hopefully provide some sort of comfort and support to them and their struggles.
So that’s where I am at this point. For now, the blog will mainly focus on Tristan. This will be a way for family, friends and parents who would like to connect and provide support to one another to follow him on this journey. I haven’t given up on writing about other fun stuff. Those things just won’t appear as often for the time being. I hope anyone who would like to reach out, does so. Sick babies or not, parents need to support one another and I would love to connect and try to help be that support. Don’t forget to subscribe below to follow along our journey.
On a lighter note..
Fun Facts About Our Family:
- We love God.
- We come from huge families. Jon has 80 first cousins! 80!
- We all eat – all the time. It is non-stop eating in this household. I’m eating right now as I write this. No joke. Currently, Jon and I are experimenting with being vegan. The kids are more vegetarian for the most part. And, I definitely enjoy cheat days every once in a great while.
- My 7-month-old daughter was a surprise 😉 and she happens to be Tristan’s perfect bone marrow transplant donor.
- I am half Filipino, half German. My husband is ¾ Chinese, ¼ Filipino. Our kids – mixed as heck.
- We love to play games with friends and family. Poker, Mahjong (Filipino style), Settlers of Catan and Monopoly being our top choices.
- We all love to dance despite our lack of rhythm.
- We are the only ones in our families that love country music. We even took our friends and family out to a huge country bar in Temecula the night before our wedding. Lucky for us, they agreed to go. Haha.
Fun Facts About Me:
- I’ve lived on the West Coast, East Coast, abroad and now back in So Cal.
- I love to run. Running was my gateway to health and fitness and now I can’t get enough of the fit life.
- My favorite cheat meal is sushi.
- I hope to get my MBA within the next 5 years.
- I strongly believe if you’re going to do something, you do it right.
- I have a great love for Barcelona and I’ve never even been there.
- If I could, I would live in Kona, HI.
- My favorite movie is My Girl.
Hope you enjoyed. And thanks for visiting!